Viking Sky was built in 2017 and is one of seven identical vessels in Viking’s Ocean Fleet. The Sky features accommodations for 950 guests in 425 accommodations each featuring its own balcony. However, for one party on the ship, there is something truly special. A suite with more square footage, an expansive private terrace, the best view, and a list of premium services onboard. This is the Owner’s Suite. Follow along to find out why this is one of my favorite suites in all of cruising
The Owners Suite enjoys a privileged position on the seventh deck, starboard side, with close access to the Explorer’s Lounge and the pool deck. It shares no walls with additional accommodations. The suite is 1448-sq.ft and is the largest multi-room accommodation on each of Viking’s Vessels. The room features a private master bedroom with ocean views and private terrace access straight from the bed. Large flat-screen TVs are present in both of the living spaces. The suite features a dining space for six, a meeting space for twelve, a butler’s pantry with a small stove, a curated library, a wine cellar with hand-selected vintages, a music library, and my personal favorite, a private sauna, and an expansive private terrace.
The design features of this accommodation are some of my favorites at any level of cruising. While some luxury suites feel like private villas at world-class hotels. The Owner’s Suite feels more like being a guest in the residence of an author or professor. The cleverly selected accent pieces like the inclusion of an ornate chessboard, the curated literature and musical libraries, and other little touches all lend to Viking’s claim that they are “the thinking man’s cruise.” For avid sailors with this brand who fancy themselves as academics, walking into this suite you will immediately get the feeling that this is the residence of a well-traveled, thoughtful, explorer. As a marketing professional, I am impressed by how “on brand” Viking’s designers were when they created this onboard sanctuary.
For a suite that is seven times the size of the introductory stateroom, the Owner’s Suite remains warm, inviting, and cozy. The extra square footage, private sauna, private library and boardroom, and other unique features come together to make the perfect accommodation for, a world cruiser or luxury explorer. But- Viking didn’t stop there. They included a full list of luxury services and amenities to compliment this amazing suite.
The Premium Services and Amenities
The occupants of the Owner’s Suite can enjoy all of these luxury services and amenities while onboard:
- Stateroom size: 1,448 sq ft multi-room suite including expansive private veranda
- Ocean-view largest multi-room accommodations onboard
- Separate bedroom suite
- Spacious, well-appointed living room
- Separate dining area that seats 6
- Private library, wine & music collections curated by Chairman Torstein Hagen
- Ocean-view dry sauna
- Boardroom that seats 12 for meetings & catered dinner parties, with first oceangoing vapor-light fireplace
- Pantry for room service & hosted events
- 11 AM Embarkation
- 11 AM priority stateroom access
- First priority shore excursion booking 107 days prior to departure
- Complimentary shore excursion with private car & driver (up to 4 guests) in port city of your choice (valued at up to $800)
- 4 guaranteed priority reservations at each alternative restaurant 100 days prior to departure
- First priority spa treatment bookings 100 days prior to departure
- King-size Viking Explorer Bed with luxury linens & pillows
- Free Wi-Fi (connection speed may vary)
- 42″ flat-screen TV featuring CNN, CBC, MBC2, beIN Sports
- Two additional 42″ flat-screen interactive LCD TVs in living area and boardroom
- Large master bathroom with spacious glass-enclosed shower, double-sink vanity, heated floor, anti-fog mirror & hair dryer, plus two guest bathrooms
- Premium Freyja® toiletries
- Plush robes & slippers
- Welcome bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne
- Mini-bar with alcoholic beverages, soft drinks, water & premium snacks (replenished once daily)
- Traditional Norwegian Marius-weave blanket
- Personal coffee machine with premium coffee & tea selections
- Stateroom steward & twice-daily housekeeping
- 24-hour room service, including service from any restaurant during open hours
- Daily personalized tea or pre-dinner cocktail & canapés on request
- Dinner & guided tour with ship officers (subject to availability)
- Complimentary laundry, dry cleaning, pressing & shoe shine services
- Under-bed suitcase storage space
- Spacious walk-in closet with wooden hangers & drawers
- View the Owner’s Suite (OS) 360° Tour
It is this list of additional amenities and services that give the Owner’s Suite its name. Once you book this suite, Viking throws open the doors of the ship to you. You will think you own the place.
Viking has made a big name for itself, by focusing on the aspects of cruising that people love while minimizing some of the things people commonly avoid when cruising. Viking only allows guests 18 or older, they give spa access freely, they include an excursion in each port, and they don’t burden you with a ton of nickel and dining onboard. It has proven to be a winning formula because Viking Cruisers are not just loyal, they are evangelical.
As the most coveted accommodation amongst this crowd, the Owner’s Suite books quickly. To find one available on short notice is rare, so plan ahead for at least a year if you have a specific itinerary in mind that you would like to experience from this accommodation, timing and planning are of the essence. To secure your own, the help of an experienced travel agent can be instrumental. Take advantage of Luxury Cruise Connections’ extensive industry experience and VIP customer service for your chance to sail in the Owner’s Suite.