Celebrity Cruises is leading the way for innovation. The New Celebrity Edge series was a landmark achievement for the company as the first new build in 15 years. Celebrity shows no signs of slowing down as they celebrate the arrival of the third Edge Class ship, the Celebrity Beyond. The Beyond is hitting the water with a few new features previously unseen on her sisterships and brings back some of the features we love most from the Edge and Apex. Come aboard as we take a look at the 5 exciting features of Celebrity Beyond.
- The Retreat is back with some new additions. Launched initially with the Celebrity Edge, this “hotel within the cruise ship” houses all of the suite accommodations, a private sundeck, a private lounge, and exclusive access to Luminae, the finest dining on the ship.
- True to its name the Beyond, will advance the Retreat concept by adding the never-before-seen Aqua Sky Suite. This 300-square-foot, studio-style suite comes with all of the additional benefits of the Retreat, as well as all of the additional benefits of the Aqua-Class, including complimentary access to the Sea Thermal Suites.
- Another example of how Celebrity is going beyond is the addition of a new specialty restaurant. Le Voyage is the latest fruit of Celebrity’s partnership with, award-winning chef, Daniel Boulud. Chef Balud has created an entirely new menu complete with menu items inspired by travel. Chef Balud has distilled all of the flavors of the destinations that inspire him the most. Just as the name promises guests can expect a journey
- The Magic Carpet, Celebrity’s multi-purpose cantilevered platform, returns with the Celebrity Beyond. This brilliant orange innovation transverses the starboard side of the vessel, serving a different purpose for each deck it visits. On deck 2 the Magic Carpet serves as the dock for loading and unloading tenders. On deck 5, the Magic Carpet transforms Raw on 5 into a patio restaurant. When on the top deck, guests are treated to a view like no other, Dining on the Edge with panoramic views. 13 decks above the water.
- Celebrity improves upon their already wildly popular Persian Garden Wellness Center with the latest edition of the Sea Thermal Suites. Complete with heated tile loungers, and 8 different treatment rooms, including a salt room, a rainfall therapy room, a steam room, and much more. Guests sailing in the Aqua Class or Aqua Sky Suite receive complimentary access to this calming observation deck.
Another favorite signature dining venue returns with the Beyond. Eden is more than a restaurant. Spanning 3 decks, Eden is an architectural wonder. The entire wall is glass creating an ambiance that changes with the position of the sun.
During dinner, Eden transforms into a whimsical garden of flavor and delight. Waiters are replaced with jugglers, contortionists, and other “Edonists” and guests are treated to tableside entertainment as well as an immersive show playing out all around them. Eden is a feast for the eyes and the tastebuds. Beverages are served with garnishes selected from the “plant library” grown right on the ship.
Celebrity continues to dominate innovation in their class. The Beyond was designed to improve on the already wildly popular Edge class ships. Bringing back the most popular features of the class as well as pushing the brand forward with completely new and unique features, Celebrity Beyond looks sure to live up to its name and expectations.
For guests interested in being one of the first to sail Beyond, it is not too late to sail during the ship’s inaugural season. The excitement surrounding this ship is electric and any time new suites or dining venues are released, it becomes that much more important to rely on the advice and expertise of a seasoned Travel Advisor.