Windstar Cruises has partnered with award-winning chef, Anthony Sasso to create a unique culinary offering on their Star Class Yachts. Cuadro 44 is a fresh take on modern Spanish Cuisine and Tapas.
The creative entrees are crafted to embody the traditions and flavors of Andalucia. The diverse selection of delectable tapas are well portioned and best enjoyed family-style among your tablemates. Below we have compiled a list of some of our favorites:
- Pulpo Gallego is a tapa selection that stood out as our favorite. A chargrilled slice of Portuguese Octopus served with Yukon gold potatoes and pimento. The dish is from the Galician region of Spain. We know because the restaurant conveniently lists the origin of each selection. Octopus is a dish that can be easily ruined. This perfectly charred tentacle is a pleasant surprise.
- Anchovies and marinated olives, prepared in the style of the Pais Vasco region. This dish makes our list because of how surprising it is. Anchovies to many are a challenging dish. The lemon zest perfectly balances the brininess of the olives and anchovies. It is enough to convert even the most committed nay-sayers
- Catalonian Lamb Chops with mint salsa verde, green apples, and manchego is another instant classic. The lamb falls right off the bone and the mint salsa verde is a nice twist on the classic lamb and mint pairing.
- The Jamon Iberico is our next selection. Harvested from pigs raised in southern Spain on a diet consisting entirely of acorns. The leg is aged 24 months before it finds its way to your plate.
- We can’t finish the list without a dessert. Our favorite was the “churros y chocolate”. Bite-sized churros served with salted tamarind hot chocolate and hibiscus dipping sauce. Needless to say, it is as mouthwatering as it sounds.
One of the most rewarding experiences you could have on a cruise is the culinary program on each ship. Windstar has an excellent dining venue in Quadro 44. There is a whole world of dining waiting for you onboard a cruise.
For the best dining selections and recommendations, make sure to take advantage of the experience of your travel agent when you select your culinary vacation. Space in venues is limited and demand onboard is high. Let the Luxury Cruise Connections concierge team book your dining reservations in advance.